Friday, May 13, 2011

Hops and Follows!

Hi peeps! I'm new to the book blogging world! Though I have some older posts that I imported from my general blog, I just started A Book and a Latte on Wednesday (May 11th)... and Blogger ate all my posts along with a few PAGES and gadgets :(. I have my fingers crossed that my YA reviews, WoW, and Thursday Trailer posts will magically reappear. I hope you follow me anyway, but please check back latter to see what my blog is really all about! This blog will primarily contain YA book reviews and discussions about YA television shows and movies. Hopefully in time I will be able to host author interviews and giveaways. Occasionally I'll throw in some adult fiction and book-ish news I feel like sharing :).

So... onto Hop and Follow Friday...  


Follow Friday is hosted by Parajunkee's View!

Q. The Blogger Apocalypse made me a little emotional. What is the most emotional scene in a book that you have read lately?

A. I'm currently listening to Delirium by Lauren Oliver on audiobook. I'm really, really enjoying it! I don't want to give anything away, but I think the most emotional scene so far is when Lena, the protagonist, observes how enforcers of the "cured" are detached from their humanity by the witnessing the violence.


Book Blogger Hop

Book Blogger Hop is hosted by Jennifer @ Crazy for Books.

Q. Are you going to Book Expo America (BEA) this year and/or the Book Blogger Convention (BBC) this year?

A. Unfortunately no... Maybe next year?!

Thank you to Parajunkee and Crazy for Books for hosting these link ups! I'm looking forward to meeting new peeps!

20 comments:

Anne said...

I haven't heard of Delirium before, it looks good. Thanks for stopping by my blog. Happy reading!

Mysteriousrose said...

Hi Jen

I really want to read Delirium and I cannot wait to get this book. Glad to hear that you are enjoying it.

I'm a new follower^^


I hope you will stop by mine:
Follow Friday & Blog Hop (Mysteriousbooks)

Jessica S. said...

Oh, that scene was a heartbreaking one. I'm a new follower! Here's my Follow Friday post: http://thoughtsatoneinthemorning.blogspot.com/2011/05/off-shelf-challenge.html

Alison said...

Hopping through. New follower! Welcome to blogging. If you have any questions about blogging, feel free to email me at alisoncanread at gmail dot com.
My Hop

Karis Jacobstein said...

In Delirium I had a difficult time with the part about the dog, during the raid... Made me cry. The end is pretty heart-stopping too...

Thanks for stopping by my blog! Following back! Best of luck!

Sarah said...

Hey Jen, thanks for stopping by my blog hop and following, I'm following you too now. :)

I've heard so much about Delirium lately. I really want to try it! I'll have to pick it up when I'm in the mood for an emotional read then. :)

~ Sarah ♥ I'm Loving Books

flashlight_reader said...

new follower from the blog hop.

yeah blogger's issues upset me as well this week.

www.aflashlightreader.blogspot.com

Laura (All of Everything) said...

Yay I can see your blog, and am following back :]
Delirum's on my bookshelf but I haven't had the chance to read it just yet. It's been appearing a lot during this hop though!
Hope you have a great weekend!

bex said...

It's so annoying with all the complications. :/ Hopefully everything will be fixed soon!

I so want to read this book! And that scene is a real teaser. I will definitely have to add it to the to-read pile. :)

Rebecca @ kindle fever

readingromances said...

Audiobooks can be more intense than books sometimes...

The most emotionals to me are those related to death, gee, I always end up crying!

Anyhow! Have a happy weekend!

Amanda said...

Delirium is a very emotional book. The ending had me crying so hard.

Amanda
http://www.lettersinsideout.com

Susan (Reading World) said...

Welcome to the hop and to book blogging. (My husband lived in Colorado when he was a teenager and he still misses those mountains.)

Jenni Elyse said...

Thanks for stopping by and becoming a follower. I'm a new follower too. :) I've heard so many good things about Delirium. I really need to read it.

Angel Snyder said...

Delirium! I want that book so badly! And I'm not going to BEA either. :( I'm a new follower. :) I just started my own review blog, so maybe you could follow me back? Thank you! :)
http://909reviews.blogspot.com
-Angel

Mandy P. said...

Thanks for stopping by! New follower now. I haven't read Delirium yet... And I did like Possession. A lot of action, some hot scenes. :)

Mandy @ Reality Bites

ladystorm said...

Thanks for following me, I am following you back. Hope you are liking Delirium I haven't read it yet.

Jen @ A Book and a Latte said...

Thank you everyone!

Mickey @ imabookshark said...

New follower!! I'm going to read Delirium soon :o) Hope you come check out my blog, as I'm new too!

http://imabookshark.blogspot.com

Thanks!

Deb Nance at Readerbuzz said...

I wish I could go to BEA, but unfortunately school is not out until several weeks later. Maybe I will be able to go next year.

Perhaps you'd like to enter the giveaway this month for the new book Divergent. I'd love to have you stop by my blog. Let me know if you decide to follow; I always follow back.

KW said...

I have heard some WONDERFUL things about Divergent. Its in my wishlist at Amazon. Just like the Book Expo, some day I will get there! lol!

Have a great week!

KW
http://www.ekfamilybooks.blogspot.com

Post a Comment

I heart your comments!

Note about comments: click on the post title to go to the post's page to view and/or add comments. I heart your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...