A Book and a Latte has dived into the challenge craze! If you follow this blog, or see me on twitter, you probably know that I adore audiobooks. Listening to a book while doing chores or mundane tasks somehow makes them easier or at least not so bad, and they make hours in the car fly by... If you haven't given audiobooks a try, use this challenge as motivation to do so!
Listen and review at least 12 audiobooks (released any year) of the YA genre in 2012.
- Listen to at least 12 YA audiobooks in between January 1, 2012 and December 31, 2012
- Review the audiobooks on either your blog or goodreads.com, and then link them up here each month.
- Reviews should include the length of the audiobook, name of narrator(s), and include your opinion of the narrator(s)/production as well as the novel.
- There will be a linky open here each month to link up your reviews. You don't have to link a review each month, however to complete the challenge you must link a total of 12 by the end of 2012.
- Feel free to link more than 12 reviews, as long as they meet the criteria (YA audiobooks).
- Declare yourself a challenge participant (blog post/facebook/twitter) and sign up in the linky below!
- HAVE FUN :)
There will be at least
one two prize giveaways, hopefully more! Participants will automatically be entered, but each linked review will count as an additional entry.
If you're interested in donating books/audiobooks or swag to be used in giveaways for this challenge please don't hesitate to contact me!
- 2012 YA Audiobook Challenge Goodreads Group. By joining the group you can easily track your challenge progress, see what books other participants are listening to, and share recommendations. I hope this will make it easier to find audiobooks/narrators that you will love! It is not required to join the goodreads group to participate, but it's highly recommended.
- "Best YA Audiobooks" List: I created a listopia list of YA audiobooks I highly recommend. Where listening to the audio version is as good or possibly better than physically reading the book! The ones I've added are not in any particular order as of now. If you add titles, please do so selectively.
- Audiobook Jukebox: A website dedicated to collecting links to audiobook reviews. You can find reviews for titles you're curious about, and share your own. Check it out!
- Link up your reviews in the month you write them. Don't worry if you're not able to post your review in the month you listened to the audiobook. If you finish an audiobook in January but aren't able to post a review before the end of the month, no worries! Post your review on your blog (or goodreads.com) and link it up in February. The only time requirement is that you listen to them between Jan 1st and Dec 31st of 2012, and all reviews are linked up by the end of the year.
- Find narrators that you like! If you pick up an audiobook and the narrator drives you crazy, or you can't get into it... put it down (and don't feel guilty). Not all narrators are created equal! Don't hesitate to ask if you would like a recommendation. Check out the "Best of YA Audiobooks" list or start a discussion thread in the Goodreads Group!
I can't wait to see what audiobooks everyone selects, and to read your reviews!