Sunday, May 15, 2011

Week Prompt (1)

The Weekly Prompt is from Jenny @ New Books for New Bloggers.

Week #007: History, Present, or Future?
What is your preferred setting for books? What about that setting appeals to you most? What are your favorite books with this setting?
This is hard to answer, because I like reading books from all timeframes - past, present, and future. Though recently I've been enjoying contemporary novels and dystopians set in the future. I used to really like historical novels but I think I burned out somehow because now I'm hesitant to read them.

Dystopians have become really popular recently. I never considered myself a fan until I read The Hunger Games series by Suzanne Collins. Now I'm seeking them out! Right now I'm reading and loving Delirium by Lauren Oliver, and I'm pining for Divergent by Veronica Roth. I have a feeling I'll be caving and buying Divergent soon! I'm trying to decide between purchasing the hardcover or kindle version... from the reviews, I think I'll be wanting a copy on my bookshelf!

What about you? Which time setting do you prefer?

3 comments:

Sakura Sandra said...

I think I prefer future usually, but present and past or even alternate reality are fun too! I mostly like switching it up in between reads for variety. :)

As for my IMM, I am not doing one this week, because I didn't get any new books. I guess I got a couple ARCs, but I'm about to post reviews of them anyway, so I probably just won't do it. I have been spending all my extra money on the baby and the pregnancy lately. I can do a post with my new nursery decals or my maternity pants I got! Lol. :) Thanks for the interest though and hopefully I have some interesting posts coming up besides an IMM.

-Sandra from http://sandrathenookworm.blogspot.com

Deb Nance at Readerbuzz said...

I love to read all time periods, too.

I'm stopping by to follow you back! Thank you and good luck with the Divergent giveaway.

Jenny said...

I'm with you on dystopias. I adore them and seek them out. And my first taste of them was The Hunger Games series too!

Definitely snag Divergent soon. I'm reading it now and I love it so far.

Post a Comment

I heart your comments!

Note about comments: click on the post title to go to the post's page to view and/or add comments. I heart your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...