Sunday, May 15, 2011

In My Mailbox (1)

In My Mailbox (IMM) is a weekly meme hosted by Kristi @ The Story Siren. For more information about IMM, visit her info page here.

I am so excited for this post! I've had such a great book week! I've only had this book blog up for 4 days (really, it's been less than that if you take into account the Blogger Apocalypse)... and already I've been approached by an author. I never expected that to happen so soon, and I'm thrilled!

I very briefly considered making this a vlog post, but I really don't think you want to see me in my PJs and glasses :). OK, so here we go!

To Review:

The Unfinished Song: Initiate by Tara Maya

Thank you so much to Tara for gifting me the Kindle version of her debut fantasy  novel! I look forward to reading it, and getting to know the series.

NetGalley:

Demon Underground Series Books 1-3
Bite Me (#1), Try Me (#2), and Fang Me (#3) by Parker Blue
(GoodreadsAmazon)

I'm can't wait to bite into these (pun intended, heehee)! 

Library:
The Reckoning (The Darkest Powers #3) by Kelley Armstrong
Audiobook narrated by Cassandra Morris

Woot! I am so excited to read/listen to the final book of The Darkest Powers Trilogy! It finally came into the library after being on hold. I will be starting this as soon as I finish Delirium.


North of Beautiful by Justina Chen Headley
(Goodreads | Amazon)

This one has been in my TBR list for soooo long. I've heard great things and I'm glad that I will finally be reading it soon!

Online:

Shadow Days: A Nightshade Novella by Andrea Cremer
(Goodreads)

Shadow Days is a prequel to Nightshade, and can be read from the Nightshade Series website. This short novella is a great introduction to Shay's character and picks up before he moves to Vail, Colorado. I really enjoyed reading this, and getting to know Shay better (Team Shay!). It was a nice little Nightshade fix... I can't wait for the release of Wolfsbane in July!

So... what's in your mailbox this week? Leave a link in the comments, I'd love to see what books you got this week!

12 comments:

April (BooksandWine) said...

Glad this is your first IMM, and it looks like your haul is pretty rockin.

Also, I totally didn't know there was a prequel to Nightshade. I'll have to pick that up!

Mandi said...

I liked North of Beautiful! _You got a lot of books this week! happy reading!

Here is my IMM

Chloe Booklover said...

I love the whole Darkest Powers series! I got to see Kelley Armstrong at my local bookstore :) The place was packed so I didn't get my book signed, but I got to hear her read from The Gathering!

I have North of Beautiful on my shelf but I still have to read it!

Great IMM & congrats on the review book!!!

Also, thanks for all your comments - I really appreciate them!

Chloe
YA Booklover Blog

Vy (Vy's Blog) said...

Really awesome IMM! Thanks for the heads up about Shadow Days too. I haven't read any of these books but hope you're enjoying them!

Vy (Vy's Blog) said...

Hey Jen! If you're curious about blog stuff like the button scroll I get my info from http://smallreview.blogspot.com.

Sarah said...

Great list! I totally think you should've done a vlog. We DO want to see you in your pjs and glasses. :)

I've heard about the Demon Underground series. Looks good! Lotsa good stuff. :)

~ Sarah ♥ I'm Loving Books

Pixie said...

Terrific books this week. Love the stash from the library, North of Beautiful and The Reckoning are fantastic stories.

Rae said...

Ooh! I've got Parker Blue's series from Netgalley, too! I'm on the 1st one and I'm loving it so far.

Rae
My IMM

Mickey @ imabookshark said...

Thanks for checking out my blog :o) I responded to your comment if you don't get follow up emails.

I love your IMM! I have Parker Blue's series also from Netgalley. I will get to it one of these days.. lol.

You like audio books too? I love them! And I should get to those Kelley Armstrong books too. One of these days! I tried the audio but I didn't like the girl's voice. Very young. Hope you like it though!

Sally said...

Great books this week. I love Kelley Armstrong all her books are awesome. I have the Parker Blue books from netgalley too - they look good.
Happy reading.
Sally.
http://theelifylop.blogspot.com/2011/05/in-my-mailbox-19.html

Andie Z said...

I also posted my first IMM today, and North of Beautiful is one of them! I can't wait to read it and also to see what you think of it. Enjoy!

http://musingsfromatoz.blogspot.com/2011/05/in-my-mailbox-1.html

Shelagh said...

Nice selection for your IMM - and congratulations on the new book!

Post a Comment

I heart your comments!

Note about comments: click on the post title to go to the post's page to view and/or add comments. I heart your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...