Monday, May 16, 2011

Random Acts of Kindness: May

Book Soulmates

Yo! I've been seeing these RAK buttons all over the blogosphere and had to check it out. I think this idea by Book Soulmates is brillz! Just so you know, I've had 3 cups of coffee today so I'm a little punchy... anyhoo... I will be participating in RAK for the month of May, so I'll be trolling my peeps' pages looking for a person or two to gift a book! My wish list can be found under the RAK button on my sidebar.

If you've been living under a rock, and don't know what RAK is, here's the description and rules from Book Soulmates:
"Random Acts of Kindness" is just a fun & thoughtful way to share a surprise with fellow bloggers & bookworms by giving them something from their online wishlist 'just because'.  Share YOUR wishlist and maybe someone will surprise you! 
Rules:
• Sign up each month you'd like to participate in.
• Show off your participation! Grab one of the buttons available :)
• Create a wishlist and post it in the Google Doc located in each R.A.K post for the month.
{Post on your blog, Amazon, where ever as long as there's a link to it.}
• If you choose to do a R.A.K for someone, check out their wishlist and contact that blogger for their address. 

• At the end of the month, SHOW US YOUR R.A.K!
{Make a post saying 'Thank You' to whoever granted one of your wishes :)
OPEN TO EVERYONE!
Lets's keep our International bloggers in mind and in our hearts. Remember, there's always the Book Depository and they offer FREE shipping!

How big is your R.A.K.?

4 comments:

Lindsay said...

I have always stayed away from the RAK posts...this looks interesting, and something I am going to look more into!

Shelagh said...

Being new to book blogging myself, I have also noticed the RAK posts and buttons, but I have never really explored them. Looks like I should.

Shelagh
The Word Fiend

Sakura Sandra said...

Haha cute post. I like you with three cups of coffee in you! Lol. I haven't participated in this yet, but I keep considering it. It looks like fun. :)

-Sandra from http://sandrathenookworm.blogspot.com

Amanda said...

I've done RAK twice now...It's tons of fun!

In regards to the comment you left on my blog...Galley Grab is kinda like Netgalley, but it's ONLY for S&S, at the end of each month they send out an email of many e-galleys and you download whichever you want. I'm pretty sure it's invite only, though.
http://www.galleygrab.com is the URL

Amanda
http://www.lettersinsideout.com

Post a Comment

I heart your comments!

Note about comments: click on the post title to go to the post's page to view and/or add comments. I heart your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...